- Long Island, Capital Region, Western New York, Central New York, North County, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, Mid-Hudson Valley, and Mohawk Valley Regions have met all seven metrics required to begin phase one of the state’s regional phased reopening plan.
- NYS on PAUSE will continue through May 28 for regions that have not started reopening; a region can enter Phase One of reopening as soon as it meets its required metrics.
- New York State and local governments will provide death benefits for frontline workers who died from COVID-19 during this emergency.
- The state is continuing to direct resources and focus efforts on reducing the spread of COVID-19 in lower-income and predominately minority neighborhoods.
- Governor Cuomo renewed his call for Congress to pass the ‘Americans First Law’ to help prevent corporate bailouts following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Governor Cuomo called on the U.S. Senate to pass a coronavirus relief bill that helps all Americans and provides unrestricted fiscal support for states.
- The winners of the Wear a Mask New York Ad Contest are: “We Heart New York” created by Bunny Lake Films and “You Can Still Smile” by Natalia Bougadellis and Emory Parker.
- The state will fast-track construction of the new Empire Station at Penn and the new LaGuardia Airport while rail ridership and air traffic is down.
- Governor Cuomo met with President Trump in Washington D.C. and urged support of a real public infrastructure program to advance infrastructure projects in New York.
- Veterinarian practices will be allowed to open in all regions beginning Tuesday, May 26th.
- Governor Cuomo released a guide to the state’s “NY Forward Reopening” Plan, along with the state’s regional monitoring dashboard.
- The $100M New York Forward Loan Fund will provide loans to small businesses, focusing on minority and women owned small businesses, that did not receive federal COVID-19 assistance.
- The New York State sales tax filing deadline has been extended to June 22, 2020.
- Governor Cuomo issued executive orders 202.17 and 202.18 requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through June 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
Ph. (315) 853-2038
Fax/TTY: (315) 853-1785
55 1/2 College Street
Clinton, NY 13323
Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Curbside service is available weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sign up for our e-newsletter