- Capital Region, Western New York, Central New York, North County, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier and Mohawk Valley Regions have met all seven metrics required to begin phase one of the state’s regional phased reopening plan.
- NYS on PAUSE will continue through May 28 for regions that have not started reopening; a region can enter Phase One of reopening as soon as it meets its required metrics.
- Governor Cuomo released a guide to the state’s “NY Forward Reopening” Plan, along with the state’s regional monitoring dashboard.
- New York State has doubled testing capacity to reach 40,000 diagnostic tests per day, and has more than 700 testing sites. We encourage eligible New Yorkers to find a nearby testing site and get tested.
- New Yorkers can vote for finalists in the Wear a Mask New York Ad Contest through Memorial Day at WearAMask.ny.gov.
- New York State is partnering with SOMOS to establish 28 additional testing sites at churches and community-based providers in predominately minority neighborhoods.
- All local governments are directed to expand testing in low-income communities and develop outreach programs.
- Religious gatherings of no more than 10 people and drive-in and parking lot services will be allowed statewide beginning Thursday, May 21st.
- Results of State’s antibody testing survey at churches in lower-income New York City communities show 27 percent of individuals test positive for antibodies, compared with 19.9 percent of New York City’s overall population.
- A two-week hospital visitation pilot program in 20 hospitals across the state will allow increased visitations for family members and loved ones.
- Memorial Day ceremonies of 10 people or less will be allowed statewide, with final decisions about ceremonies being left to local governments.
- Testing efforts will be increased to help nursing homes meet guidelines stating all staff be tested for COVID-19 twice per week.
- Governor Cuomo called on the FDA to ensure that pharmaceutical corporations that produce a COVID-19 vaccine release the rights to provide the vaccine for immediate widespread distribution.
- In coordination with neighboring states, public and private beaches will open with certain restrictions on May 22, ahead of Memorial Day weekend.
- Horse racing tracks statewide and Watkins Glen International Racetrack will be allowed to open without fans as of June 1st.
- Governor Cuomo issued executive orders 202.17 and 202.18 requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- New York has issued first-in-the-nation criteria to healthcare professionals establishing an interim definition for COVID-related inflammatory illness in children.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through June 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
Ph. (315) 853-2038
Fax/TTY: (315) 853-1785
55 1/2 College Street
Clinton, NY 13323
Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, we will be closed because of the COVID-9 pandemic. We will continue to monitor the outbreak to determine when it is appropriate to reopen.
Sign up for our e-newsletter