- Governor Cuomo has partnered with New Jersey Governor Murphy and Connecticut Governor Lamont to create a joint travel advisory for individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID-19, requiring a quarantine for 14 days when visiting their states.
- Based on each region’s infection rate, schools across New York State are permitted to open this fall but each school district must have a testing and tracing plan and will decide if an in-person v. hybrid model works best for them while following strict Department of Health Guidance.
- The State Police and State Liquor Authority are leading a task force to investigate and shut down establishments not complying with the safety standards of the state.
- To report violations of health and safety restrictions and requirements for businesses, gatherings and individuals, please choose the appropriate link below:
- Go to forward.ny.gov to find out: Which phase of reopening your region is in; the industry guidance for each phase; regional dashboards for monitoring how the virus is being contained; and information on loans for small businesses.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through August 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services. Any New Yorker can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
NYS DOH Update
LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 9, 2020 AT 1:22 PM
What You Need to Know