- New York City is in phase one of the state’s regional phased reopening plan; Long Island, Mid-Hudson Valley, Capital Region, and Western New York are in phase two; Central New York, Finger Lakes, Mohawk Valley, North Country, and Southern Tier are in phase three.
- Western New York is expected to enter Phase 3 on June 16th with the Capital Region following on the 17th.
- Low-risk youth sports for regions in phase three of reopening can begin on July 6.
- The state is extending the special open enrollment period in the New York State of Health Plan Marketplace for an additional 30 days through July 15.
- Governor Cuomo signs legislation requiring the State Department of Health to conduct a study on the health impacts of COVID-19 on minorities in New York State.
- Governor Cuomo is reminding bars and restaurants that any violations of reopening rules and guidelines can result in the loss of that establishment’s liquor license. Additionally, individuals can be fined for open container and social distancing violations.
- Governor Cuomo is urging all protesters to get a COVID-19 test. Find a test site near you.
- Local or state facilities that operate as a cooling center may open at their discretion while following state guidance; the Department of Health released interim guidance for cooling centers.
- Special education services and instruction may be provided in-person this summer; the Department of Health released interim guidance for these services.
- Governor Cuomo announced that localities may open public pools and playgrounds at their discretion while following state guidance; the Department of Health released interim guidance for pools.
- Governor Cuomo signs legislation to suspend the forfeit of Unemployment Benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as a legislation to repeal the criminalization of wearing a mask in public.
- Schools will be permitted to hold drive-in and drive-through graduation ceremonies this year; the Department of Health released interim guidance for these ceremonies; or have Socially distanced graduations of up to 150 people starting on June 26th.
- Governor Cuomo announced the implementation of a new early warning dashboard to monitor and review how the virus is being contained on an ongoing basis.
- Governor Cuomo released a guide to the state’s “NY Forward Reopening” Plan, along with the state’s regional monitoring dashboard.
- The $100M New York Forward Loan Fund will provide loans to small businesses, focusing on minority and women owned small businesses, that did not receive federal COVID-19 assistance.
- The New York State sales tax filing deadline has been extended to June 22, 2020.
- Governor Cuomo issued executive orders 202.17 and 202.18 requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through July 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
NYS DOH Update
LAST UPDATED: JUNE 14, 2020 AT 3:15 PM
What You Need to Know